Sun Pharma respects the privacy of individual/visitor and is committed to take reasonable precautions to protect Personal information and `Sensitive Personal Data or Information’ (“SPDI”) (and together “Information”) of visitors of this Sun Pharma website and comply with all legal, regulatory and/or contractual obligations related to data privacy.
This policy covers the processing, storage and access to Information as required under lawful and/or contractual activities with Sun Pharma or otherwise required in the normal course of business. It describes Sun Pharma’s policies and procedures on the collection, usage and disclosure of Information provided/received by natural persons and meets the requirements established under:
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 – Section 43A; and
- The Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011.
Sun Pharma has adopted the “Privacy by Default” principles in its approach to data privacy i.e. privacy of data and information is upheld first by default.
This policy applies to Information collected and processed by Sun Pharma consisting of following:
- SPDI, which is such personal information that is collected, received, stored, transmitted or processed by Sun Pharma, consisting of:
- Financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- Sexual orientation;
- Medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
- Any detail relating to the above personal information categories as provided to the website for providing services; and
- Any of the personal information received by the website for processing, storing or processing the same under lawful contract or otherwise.
- Personal information which is information related to a visitor, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow him to be identified. Personal information may consist of full name, personal contact numbers, residential address, email address, gender or date of birth.
Please note that any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as SPDI.
Sun Pharma or its authorised service provider shall collect and use Information for legitimate business purposes in order:
- that a visitor may download information, products and take advantage of certain other features of Sun Pharma’s website;
- to provide information or interactive services through this website, to the visitor’s e-mail address or, where the visitor wishes it to be sent by post, to the visitor’s postal address;
- to seek the visitor’s feedback or to contact the visitor in relation to the services offered on Sun Pharma’s website;
- to process orders or applications submitted by the visitor;
- to administer or otherwise carry out Sun Pharma’s obligations in relation to any agreement that the visitor may have with Sun Pharma;
- to anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to the visitor;
- to create products or services that may meet the visitor’s needs;
- to provide services to you as required by you; or
- to process and respond to requests, improve Sun Pharma’s operations, and communicate with visitor/s about services and businesses or products that might better service your healthcare or lifestyle requirements or other opportunities in which you may be interested.
Sun Pharma shall collect only minimum Information required to meet the purposes mentioned in this policy. Sun Pharma shall collect your personal information when your services commence, and when you visit our website, send us an email or SMS, telephone us, make an online appointment or communicate with us using social media.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Any person you request or consent to receiving the information;
- Healthcare professionals or other persons that are or will be involved in providing services to you as required by you;
- Anyone we are required or authorised by law to disclose the personal information; or
- Our service providers assisting us to facilitate the provision of healthcare services or other services to you.
Neither Sun Pharma nor its representatives shall be responsible for the authenticity of such Information provided by the visitor/s. As normal business practice, Sun Pharma may collect Information in order to enable the secure online authentication, interaction and transaction with natural persons. This may include the installation of cookies and the collection of other session data.